- Working with UT School of Information student, Melissa Roberts, on her Capstone project evaluating possible platforms for the Portal to Austin Music History, and with Kristin Sullivan, who is developing the user experience aspects of a web interface to support crowd-contributed descriptive information about archival collections.
- Conducting a staff share project at UT’s Fine Arts Library focusing on archives and the zine collection, including programming, collection building, and archival management.
- Helped host THATcamp Digital Pedagogy at UT Libraries.
- Attended the Modern Language Association convention.
- Classroom instruction session introducing Lee Chesney’s undergraduate students to the world of zines.
- Took time off to see music during South By Southwest.
- Co-presented an overview of the national effort to build a Zine Union Catalog at DPLA Fest.
- Moderated Getting it Together After a Disaster: the Road to Recovery at the Society of Southwest Archivists annual meeting.
- Attended the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries and co-chaired the Texas Digital Humanities Consortium Mini-Conference.
- Helping to wrap up the TARO to the 21st Century planning grant.
- Collaborating on a couple of grant applications.
- Participating in the Zine Librarians (un)Conference.
- Attending the Society of American Archivists annual meeting, and moderating a workshop session on outreach by regional archives groups.
- Attending Digital Frontiers, helping coordinate THATCamp TXDHC.
- The 2016 Austin Archives Bazaar! I’m lining up speakers & chairing the Program Committee.
- Worked with UT School of Information student, Susan Floyd, on her Capstone project creating a plan for and drafting a grant application to fund development of the Portal to Austin Music History (PAMH).
- Facilitated What are digital humanities & digital scholarship? brown-bag discussion at UT Libraries.
- Co-presented Introduction to Open Refine webcast via the Texas Digital Humanities Consortium.
- Guest spoke in UT iSchool “Digital Libraries” class.
- Spoke on AWIT Women in Tech Panel at the UT School of Information.
- Attended 2015 Cataloging Hidden Special Collections and Archives Unconference and Symposium: Innovation, Collaboration, and Models.
- Took time off to see music during the South By Southwest Music festival.
- Presented a talk about what I’ve learned from the Austin Fanzine Project for Queer Zine Week at the University of North Texas.
- Co-presented From Early Modern Printing to Post-Modern Indie Publishing: Using eMOP on AFP with Matt Christy at the Texas Digital Humanities Consortium conference.
- Co-presented UT’s Fine Arts Library’s Zine Party! event.
- Co-presented Zine Party! Collaborating across UT Libraries to Experiment with Methods, Workflows & Tools, Build Awareness of a Collection, and Teach Metadata Literacy with Aaron Choate, Melanie Cofield, Ann Marchock, Rebecca Pad, and Laura Schwartz at the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries conference.
- Spoke on Archiving the Electronic Frontier at Austin’s Electronic Frontier Foundation monthly meet-up.
- Spoke on The Austin Archives Bazaar: Bringing Archives to the People, and chaired Represent!: Challenges and Rewards of Documenting Underdocumented Communities panel at the Society of Southwest Archivists annual meeting.
- Worked with UT School of Information student, Lizzie Seiple, on her Capstone project re-designing UT’s Fine Arts Library’s zine collection webpage. (See Lizzie’s presentation on the project at the Digital Frontiers conference.)
- Submitted Portal to Austin Music History grant application to the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Participated in the Texas Archival resources Online (TARO) NEH planning grant kickoff meeting & began work chairing the Governance Committee.
- Gave a short talk on crowdsourcing metadata & gamification as part of No More Silence in the Library: Documenting Fandom and Fan Culture in Archives and Special Collections), Society of American Archivists annual meeting.
- Began planning for the 2016 Austin Archives Bazaar.
- Joined the national Zine Union Catalog planning team.
- Participated in the Texas Digital Humanities Consortium planning retreat.